Saturday, November 30, 2019

November Mini

It's not that I just squeezed in finishing my mini, it was a technical problem not being able to download my photos from my phone to my computer. Finally I emailed them to myself. Why didn't I think of that sooner??


I had these leftover large hsts and sewed them together randomly. As luck would have it I pulled out this old alphabet fabric and what do you know--it was the right scale and measurement to frame the hsts. So I laid them right on top and added selvage strips to make up the 1/2" difference all around.


After stitching everything on the front I cut out the back behind the hsts.


Here's a detail of the selvage strips on the left . . .


. . . and on the right.


Diagonal line quilting 1-1/4" apart . . . 


. . . and the back. Ta-da!

I see Wendy's posted her mini here. Isn't it the cutest??

Enjoy your week!




__________
Copyright 2019, Barbara Schaffer
 

 

14 comments:

  1. Great job on this mini. I love it. It's great when everything comes together like they were meant to be. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh love it so much Barbara !!
    Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out so sweet!! Love the addition of selvage strips!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun little mini and so great that you got to use some leftover HST's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little mini quilt. I especially love that alphabet border with its seasonally perfect colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't we love it when everything comes together perfectly. Cute mini. And to think that it was all leftover bits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done, Barbara! I just love these kind of quits, that use what you have and come together with serendipity. Love the selvedges! Fun to find the fabric that's "just right" for borders, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mini with the alphabet. How perfect, and the addition of the selvage is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the most clever thing I have seen in a while! I adore it! I have linked everyone (I think) up now so check back to see all the cuties. I love that alphabet fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has an extra boost of charm due to the selvedge inner border and the alphabet outer border. Great choices. Simple HSTs taken to a new level!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is possibly my favorite all time mini!
    the alphabet is such a neat touch and the salvages are the icing on this delicious piece of cake. wee - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Everyone. I want you all to know about the hacked atm card, for those of you who been fighting for financial issues, here is a great chance for you to get a blank atm card, you can use this blank atm card to withdraw anywhere around the world, you can withdrawal up to $3,000 USD per day with this card and also you can use it to shop online and attach it to your PayPal, if you want to get one for yourself, contact via email: (harrybrownn59@gmail.com), do not miss this great opportunity of your life, contact them now and thank me later.

    ReplyDelete