Can you believe 20 weeks have already flown by since the start of making Call Me Crazy blocks??
All along I've been trying to match the fabrics in Gay's block of the week--large scale, small scale, bright, dark, medium, etc.--and found myself immersed in cutting small pieces to try and be exact. Why don't I just use the scraps I already have???
So that's what I've been doing--digging into my scraps and Carol Y's (yes I still have some of hers) and substituting colors if need be.
When I combine the two I get repro and retro :) One of Carol's is on the lower right. It adds some pizzazz don't you think?
In this block, Dawn's blue-on-blue is in the square-in-a-square upper left and tan leaf in the middle row. Carol's purple, green in the bottom row, bright red and dark brown were all bits and pieces. Barbara B's brown-white is in the middle row with blue leafy print in the lower right and all the rest were from my scrap stash. Now that's better :)
Here's what these 4 look like together :) Next time I'll try and lay ALL of them out on the floor to get a better sense of the overall look.
Yesterday Connie and I went in search of Lady Slippers and saw this very pretty double :)
And tried to get a good photo of Starflower which is never easy. It's still a pretty little flower no matter what.
The Community Garden is looking good! Everyone's plot is planted with either starters or seeds.
Connie and I have decided to go a non-veggie route this year and planted a cut flower garden. We have Dahlias, Cosmos, Stock, Snapdragon and Zinnia starters. And Calendula, Marigold, Zinnia, and Poppy seeds which are already sprouting. Can't wait to see it all blooming!
See you next time :)
Copyright 2023 Barbara Schaffer