Wednesday, March 15, 2023

This 'n That

A couple weeks ago I finally knew what I was going to do with the twenty remaining Churn Dash blocks from Barb V's 2018 swap. I had already used many . . .

. . . in my Eagle Medallion . . . 

. . . and some in a monthly mini April 2020. I was thinking all along that I would focus on pink/white for any future churn dash quilts. Did I do that?


Nope. I grabbed some large scrap triangles and began sewing 9-1/2" unfinished blocks. I already had the striped sashing fabric and dark brown for the corner stones so I was on my way.  

Three rows done and two to go :) 

 

I've resumed quilting Barbara B's Ladies' Aid NY Sampler. There were only two blocks left to do and I have no idea why I didn't finish them a while ago :)

For my Rolodex project I made copies of some fabrics and added snippets of scraps and buttons for the front of some cards . . .  

. . . and on the back I put pics of sewing collectibles I used to own. 


Flowers from NJ hand-delivered by a coworker of my good friend, Renee, who came to town with her family to ski Whiteface Mtn. Renee and I used to go to the NJ Flower Show so she sent up these flowers as a reminder of the good times we had--so sweet! 

Enjoy your week!  


Copyright 2023, Barbara Schaffer

5 comments:

  1. Your this and that post is filled with wonderful things. The churn dash blocks both in your Eagle medallion and your newest project are fabulous. I like the stripe for the sashing as well. I can tell you're having lots of fun and happy memories with your Rolodex cards. Isn't that what it's all about?! Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the setting stripe for your latest churn dash creation. Beautiful flowers for this snowy week. Were you inundated in this week's storm? We only got about six inches, the largest snowfall of the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the variety of looks you have achieved with your churn dash blocks. I am particularly drawn to the current project with the fussy-cut sashing. The pops of brighter colors amid the more muted tones gives it a sparkling quality.
    Kudos to you for being so near the finish on your Ladies Aid quilt.
    Very clever entries for your Rolodex project.
    The flowers are stunning. Such striking colors and shapes.
    Lovely post, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the churn dashes all those ways. I too am working on my Ladie's Aid again, although it looks like you are actually in the quilting stage! Nice! Your rolodex project is so interesting. What a lovely gift of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sashing is perfect for the churn dash blocks! I imagine you will complete the two blocks quickly. It is going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete