Wednesday, October 5, 2022

UFO#5 Eliz. Green Album and Charm Bracelet

UFO#5 is done! A year ago I had purchased a set of Elizabeth Green templates at the thrift shop (where else??) and immediately went to work.

My quilt looks nothing like the original which is made of fancy fabrics. 

I used fabrics that didn't seem to fit in any of my other projects and I like the end result. It's definitely scrappy busy!

I really like that border print. I had just enough leftover strips to make them work. 


I hung it over the railing on the deck. It looks very "autumn" don't you think?

 Dawn at Cabin Creek Stitchery quilted it for me :)

The back .  . .

. . . and the label :)

On another note I've been reading . . . 

. . . because I had a charm bracelet in high school, did you?


I'll tell you about it next time :)

Enjoy your week!

 

Copyright 2022, Barbara Schaffer

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish. What a wonderful quilt! I love how you used darker fabric for the Xs and brighter colors for the triangles. And even though it's scrappy the colors you chose work so well together. The border print.is perfect. What size are the blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cozy looking quilt! I like the fabrics you chose to use. It all came together beautifully, and it looks right at home hanging over your deck railing.
    Yes, I got a charm bracelet in high school, but near the end of my senior year. I think I collected more charms for it after I was married. Fun memories wrapped up in those charms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mix of fabrics. It gives the the quilt a warm and homey feeling. The quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very autumn vibe. Love it! These blocks are some of my favorite.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always liked this pattern and it looks great in your fabrics. Congrats on another UFO finish. Great borders.
    Beautiful label.
    I'll look into the book. I always wanted a charm bracelet, so I got not only 1 but 2 as adult. Maybe I'll share mine too.

    ReplyDelete