Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Leaves and High Peaks Quilt (not new)

When autumn arrives in the Adirondacks we tend to go for long drives on country roads to take it all in. This year the colors were spectacular! 

This is one of several trees that are right down the street from us. With the sun shining through I had to stop and take a pic.

Here's another . . .

 

Whiteface Mountain is always a good place for peeping and taking pictures.

This branch of the Ausable River is nearby.


Look what was on a rock in the middle--a GBH--Great Blue Heron :)

Another section of the river . . .

. . . and a winding country road. 

 

For an instant this was the sunrise this morning but it didn't last very long before the clouds rolled in.  


For weeks I've been watching this tree fungus open up. Pretty impressive!

\

Yesterday as I walked my granddog through these leaves . . .  


. . . the colors reminded me of a quilt I made for my brother in 2013. The triangles were cut from my collection of leaf fabrics along with solids that once belonged to our mother.

The border is waterfall and camping fabric--true Adirondack-style! I call it Autumn in the High Peaks :)

That's all for now. See you next week with my mini!

 

Copyright 2022, Barbara Schaffer

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the ride through the Adirondack. It is so beautiful. Wonderful quilt too! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fall foliage has been outstanding this year! Last week while our son was visiting we had a sunset similar to your sunrise this morning, seeming to set the hillside on fire. Your autumn leaves quilt captured the mood of the season perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some day I'm going to be an official New England or Adirondack leaf peepers. Out west, we've had phenomenal fall colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I thoroughly enjoyed this fall visit. Thank you for sharing the scenery with us, and your Autumn in the High Peaks quilt was the perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete