Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Crazy 43-46, Swedish samples

 I'm making progress with Call Me Crazy blocks--only 8 more to go. 

Block 43. All the papers are still on the back so the top row doesn't lay flat. Looks kind of weird but that's the way it is for now.


Block 44. Boy, did I have a problem with those windmill points! 

Block 45.  I like it when there's an easy one thrown in!


Block 46. Now these points were perfect! Must have been a good day :)


The group of four :)


My daughter-in-law gave me a bagful of vintage textiles along with these linen decorator samples which I sewed into a small mat. 


I had this leftover scrap from our Sweden trip years ago and put it on the back. I did straight line quilting from this side because it was easier to mark. The binding fabric was from the Swedish History Museum in Stockholm. 

Here are some of the other items that were in the bag:

A lovely hand-stenciled piece. The wheels are turning with this one!


 Beautiful embroidery!


 Looks like this was a kit--you can still see the blue lines. 


Cute fabric! There were also two lovely hand-worked handkerchiefs, two curtain panels of elephant-themed fabric, white vintage pillowcases with trim and linen towels. Wow! I'm having so much fun!


My granddaughter made this pillow for me for Christmas. Her first time sewing anything! She even made buttonholes by hand to close the bottom opening. I'm so impressed!

I started a new project--what else is new??? Have you ever done any slow stitching? I'm into it :)

It's a little chilly here this morning--only 6 degrees--but nothing like what it is in the midwest. 

That's all for now . . .  


Copyright 2024, Barbara Schaffer

4 comments:

  1. love the scrappy...oh those textiles...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granddaughter did a great job on her first project! I love those vintage pieces, not to mention the Swedish backing and binding. More fun for you with all these vintage treasures. More snow expected tomorrow and Friday, so glad we don't live close to Buffalo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your crazy blocks! Nice of DIL to think of you. Love the little Swedish mat. Other fun goodies to work with for sure.
    What a darling pillow from your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete