Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Out and About: Foliage, Cemetery, Quilts

I'm a little late in posting these pics but the colors and views were too beautiful not to share! I also went to an antiques shop to check out the quilts for sale.


For more than 20 years we've passed this cemetery traveling from NJ to the Adirondacks and never stopped to take in the view. Well, we finally did. The tallest monument at the highest point is for a young man named Freedom Dudley who died in 1871 at the age of 29. 

Onto quilts . . . 

There's an antiques shop in Lake Placid that I go to every so often just to see what quilts they have for sale. Here are a few:

 

A sweet simple 9-patch with a price tag of $125.


I like this block, don't you? I'm going to give it a try. . .  

That's all for now.

I'll have a couple little quilts to show you soon. 

Would you believe it's snowing??


Copyright 2023 Barbara Schaffer

2 comments:

  1. Lovely fall colors!
    Beautiful view from the cemetery. I really like trekking through old cemeteries. When we went to Maine in 2021, I was trying to find some ancestors' graves. Hubby got out and helped me search through the first several, but at some point he just stayed in the car. I never got tired of the hunt, and would get caught up in reading headstones of people with whom I was not at all connected. But apparently he had reached his limit. :) We must have visited at least 12 cemeteries between Maine and Massachusetts.
    So fun to see the vintage quilts. Are you ever persuaded (by the voices in your head) to bring any home with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fall foliage was much more brilliant than ours this year. Beautiful antique quilts, and that is a very interesting block. I may try it soon too. Easy piecing is what I need at the moment. We had a dusting of snow this morning and it has occasionally flurried this afternoon with more possible tomorrow. I guess winter is pressing in on us.

    ReplyDelete