Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Crazy 37-40, Savery, Sunrise

Another 4 Call Me Crazy blocks are done! Yay! I basted my Savery Stars and I'm also sharing pics of a beautiful sunrise:)

They're stacking up! Forty so far :)

 

Block 37. A pretty purple pinwheel :)


Block 38. Wish that green was a bit more vibrant. Oh, well!


Block 39. Love that narrow strip--it's deep purple w/white. 


Block 40. I used the reverse of that turquoise fabric. I really don't have much of an assortment of that color in my stash. 


Here they are together. I love it when there's yellow. It just pops!


Savery Stars top is finished, basted, and ready for hand quilting. But I'm seriously considering machine quilting along the sashing strips. 


I never tire of sunrises and sunsets. This sunrise changed in a matter of minutes. It looks like the mountain is on fire.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

 

Copyright 2023 Barbara Schaffer

7 comments:

  1. Savery Stars is gorgeous, it will be such a pleasure to hand quilt it. Beautiful sunrise photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fantastic crazy blocks are really adding up! Love the Savory Stars and am looking forward to seeing how you quilt it. Thanks for the beautiful sunrise. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, loving those crazy blocks! So much fun to study the pattern, and the variety of fabrics.
    Savery Stars is lovely. My vote is to definitely go for the machine quilting stitch-in-the-ditch, where the hand quilting wouldn't show. Save your hands for the places where your beautiful hand stitching will be more apparent.
    I'm with you on the sunrises and sunsets, though with my nocturnal habits, I see more sunsets than sunrises, so I love seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those crazy blocks especially the chrome as you say it really pops! Your stars top is lovely and the lake photos are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Janet. Machine stitch in the ditch and hand quilt where it can shine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's what I'm doing :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Call me crazy is coming along nicely! Such a fun quilt! Your stars quilt is so pretty. What a beautiful view you have!

    ReplyDelete