Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Autumn and Stars

It's beginning to look like fall around here plus I have a Savery Stars update. 

I love this tri-color mum! And pretty soon my Kolanchoe plants will be coming in for the long winter. 

A highlight of my many walks is taking a picture of these Chinese Lanterns growing near the road in a neighbor's yard.  

The leaves are beginning to turn. How beautiful is this tree??

***********

Savery Stars update:

Remember the fabric I purchased replicating inkings from the past? Well, after I reduced the template a little the center hexie worked out perfectly for each star :)

Dawn's coordinating Queen Victoria fabric :)

I actually appliqued 3 stars by machine and 6 by hand. 

I trimmed the reverse of each star to reduce the bulk before appliqueing. 

And here's the finished block. I prepped it for hand applique by machine basting it to the background--quick and easy!


I'm working on the sashing so stay tuned . . . 


Another lovely sunset :)

Enjoy your week!

 

Copyright 2023, Barbara Schaffer

4 comments:

  1. beautiful stars...and oh i love chinese lanterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt blocks are so intricate and beautiful, looking forward to seeing them in a completed top. Fall colors are behind yours I'm sure, the maples are about 50 percent now, fall is speeding along too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Fall Photos! I love your star blocks they are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete