Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Crazy 29-32 and Lake Flowers

The next four Crazy blocks are done and I'm alternating those pics with ones of flowers from my walk around Mirror Lake in Lake Placid.

Block 29. I'm really loosening up with my fabric choices by including anything and everything! 

I started my 2.5 mile walk at the far end of the lake where this beautiful display of hydrangeas caught my eye. 

Block 30. It always makes me feel good when a 3" block with its tiny pieces comes together without having to tear out and re-do.

These beautiful planters are interspersed all around the lake and many are located next to a bench making it the perfect spot to sit down and take in the view. 

In town these flowers are in baskets and cover a large iron fence wall.


Block 31. That little block went together perfectly :)

At the end of the business section these flowers were spotted in a private garden.


Block 32. I was anxious to get this block done so kind of grabbed pieces with no real planning in mind. And it shows. Not a favorite.

My walk ended at the Mirror Lake Inn where I am always in awe of the flowers in their gardens :)


And another group is done :)

I can't believe it's the end of August. I lost half the summer!

Looking forward to the long weekend and a string of sunny days :)


Copyright 2023 Barbara Schaffer

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm finally beginning to understand what is going on with the Crazy quilt. Your walking path is very colorful with all the gorgeous flowers on display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a delightful post! How thoroughly enjoyable to alternate between the really wonderful Crazy blocks, and the lovely floral displays along your walk. Was sorry to reach the end. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new group of blocks are so fun to see and appreciate.
    The flowers sure do love being near the lake - wow! they are just so stunning and colorful.

    ReplyDelete