Wednesday, November 30, 2022

November Mini, Wild Center and . . .

This month's mini was so easy. When I made the binding (various strips) for my scrap quilt I had leftover triangles from the trimmings. There was a nice assortment of prints. 

So . . .

I paired them with white and made little 3" blocks. 


I pulled some brown strips from my stash and voila! 


It is 15-1/2" square . . . 


. . . and quilted in chevrons--one of my favorites. It was the first time I tried out my new 'walking foot.' It worked fine :)

We went with my daughter and her husband to the Wild Center in Tupper Lake, NY to see the holiday lights display. But the pathways weren't cleared of ice and snow so we decided to go inside the museum and walk around. It was good timing, too. No crowds to contend with.


If you have a minute or two check out the live cams on their website. We loved watching the otters and the turtles in person.

This is what I'm tackling at the moment:


Finally! But I'll tell you more about it next week :)


Copyright 2022, Barbara Schaffer

 

5 comments:

  1. Love your creativity. A triangle here and there and... Viola. You have a sweet mini. Prefect colors for November. I really like the chevron quilting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we were both thinking "leftovers" this month. I love your use of your leftovers! A perfect mini. Thanks for hanging in there this year! I am so impressed that you are starting to put those fabulous blocks together! I have so enjoyed following your journey. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweet mini you created with those binding triangle leftovers puts me to shame, mine go directly in the waste basket. There are more scrappy bits accumulating in the corner than I want to think about. Your final photo is a gorgeous teaser! Waiting for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of your trimmings! You surrounded the blocks in lovely warm browns and the effect is a very cozy little quilt. And the backing fabric is delightful.
    I look forward to hearing about your current project.

    ReplyDelete