Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Fabulous Flowers in LP

It's that time of year in Lake Placid when the flowers are breathtakingly beautiful. Here's what I saw on my walk around Mirror Lake. 

A "wall" of hydrangeas along the sidewalk in front of a private residence.

With echinacea--an all-time favorite.

Hanging baskets in town . .  .


. . . and a cascading display In front of a store. 

The gardens in front of the Mirror Lake Inn . . .


. . . I can't get enough of them!

Across from the inn and near the end of Mirror Lake. 

I re-photographed this quilt that I made in 1990. 

It's called Endless Chain and I got the pattern from Patchwork Quilts magazine, see below (no date). I made it to celebrate my son's 27th birthday, his promotion at work and for buying his first house :) The fabrics are wool and the piece is machine quilted. It's actually one big rectangle, 64" x 34.5". 

 

The original article says the quilt was made in Blackwater, Ontario, Canada. 

This was my sketch.

I'll leave you with that for now :)

See you next week with my mini!

 

Copyright 2022, Barbara Schaffer

3 comments:

  1. Those flowers are beautiful. Mine always look a bit sickly by August. Thanks for sharing a quilt from the past. It looks warm and comforting. You've been busy documenting your quilt history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the tour of the gorgeous flowers!
    It doesn't get much cozier than a quilt in plaids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! The flowers are amazing! Love the plaid quilt. Does your son still have it?

    ReplyDelete