Wednesday, July 27, 2022

July Mini and Journal

I still had small pieces left from last month's mini so here is the same color scheme for July: black, gray, and yellow.

The piece is quilted in white thread and I never gave much thought as to how it would look on the black squares. Maybe I should have done the quilting on the prints not the solids. Oh, well!

I needed a pure white and black print for the border and found this in Natalie's stash. It was perfect! 

Ta-da! Those are 1" squares, 1/2" inner border and 2" outer border. The finished piece is 16" x 16". 

The backing is an oldie but goodie :) Please remember to stop by Wendy's blog the last day of the month to see what she's made. And send her good wishes, too!

Now onto something new . . . 

And this is only a tease :)

I was watching this You Tube video on how to make a Junk Journal out of envelopes . . .


And then I found all these little envelopes at the thrift shop for 50-cents!

I loved the photos of my mother when she was little . . . 

And my granddaughter was named (middle name) after her great-grandmother. Do you know where this is going??


Here's the first page and I'll show you more next week :)

 

Copyright 2022 Barbara Schaffer

6 comments:

  1. WOW! I so love your mini. I love yellow and grey with the addition of black it is really a striking little mini. Kudos! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mini is a real cutie. All those tiny squares, and the yellow and black are so striking together. I'm seeing several junk journals popping up on various blogs, the envelopes are a neat idea with so many possibilities. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet projects. Great look with the black and yellow. Oh. You have jumped down another rabbit hole! Super fun and special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning little quilt--the bold contrast and graphic lines just capture your attention immediately. Nicely done!
    I want to shop at your thrift store. Always great stuff you seem to find there.
    And I am very intrigued by the little journal you are creating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great mini quilt. Love the color combination and the way you arranged the colors in the quilt and the border and backing are both just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fabulous mini! You sure get the most out of every bit of fabric!! And the journals are wonderful. I'm trying to get caught up on blog reading this week. I've missed so much! Thanks for another great mini!!

    ReplyDelete