I finally finished Tumbler which I started in 2015 (not 2021 as originally posted--what was I thinking?)!
What took so long is that I ironed all the long horizontal seams open and I was not happy with the outcome. So it sat for years even though I had the backing. Just couldn't get motivated. You know what I mean??
I tackled this dilemma a few months ago and re-ironed all those seams so half faced up, the other half down. Ah, so much better!
I added a striped border and took the top and backing to Dawn at Cabin Creek Quilters to be longarm quilted. Here is the video she posted when the quilt was coming off her machine :)
I alternated light and dark fabrics and inserted some fun fabrics along the way.
A conversation dog print that once belonged to Natalie :)
And one of my favorite Lincoln pieces.
First, I put it on a bed just to take a good look . . .
. . . then up on my design wall. It's 56-1/2" x 58-1/2" and there are 391 pieces. Each tumbler is 2" and I used Darlene Zimmerman's Dresden ruler.
The back . . .
. . . and label. Ta-da!
This year's goal is to continue plugging away at UFOs--and I have at least a few more that are within reach of completion :)
Enjoy your week!
Copyright 2022, Barbara Schaffer