After seeing this little quilt there was no hesitation what-so-ever to make one for January.
I already had plenty of pre-cut scraps 1-1/2" x 3" and lots of different-sized triangles. What could be easier?? With a little squaring up of each block it went together in no time at all. I didn't even match the triangles on the side seams when sewing blocks together. They were offset and that was fine with me.
Nine little blocks and leftover red strips finished it off. BTW, the reds are all the same color. I just photographed it in the wrong spot on the floor so it looks like there's a shadow on the right :) It's machine quilted in a 1" cross-hatch allover.
Don't forget to visit Wendy's blog for more monthly minis :)
Dutch Panel is done! Rachel gave me that beautiful panel many years ago.
Here's a closer look at the center. I love the pale yellow background.
When I started making hexies I chose fabrics that were the colors in the panel and could be fussy cut.
I've gotten so much use out of the border fabric that once belonged to quilting friend, Jill R. Thank you Susan for sharing that with me :)
Mitered corners are (not) my favorite, hahaha!
This is the fabric I put on the back. It seemed apropos with all those urns and flowers.
That's it for now :)
Enjoy the rest of your week!
__________Copyright 2020, Barbara Schaffer