Thursday, September 6, 2018

Triple Play 3

I guess I've made enough r/w/b quilts to last the year, lol! 


Triple Play3 reminds me of windowpanes. I used the rest of the light-colored prints and added red and blue borders. I did simple quilting in the ditch and 1/4" straight lines in the borders. I had lots of threads to bury!


2" squares and 1/2" strips and corner blocks worked well together. 


This time I did a 1/2" binding. I think it's my favorite. I used 1/4" masking tape as a guide for quilting the straight lines--that was a first. It worked fine.


The back.  

 

Here are 1, 2, and 3. I forgot to mention sizes: #1 is 20" x 20", #2 is 17" x 17" and #3 is 18-1/2" x 21."



__________

On another note . . . 

Do you follow Barbara Brackman's Material Culture blog? Every so often she will post a picture of a quilt that was published in HQPNJ's book, New Jersey Quilts. Here is a link to an 1860 medallion. The quilt is 3rd from the bottom and appears on p. 104 in our book :) The leaves were actual tracings of ones from the family farm in Scotland and the fabrics were stripes and plaids. The quilt was sent to the maker's daughter who immigrated in the 1840s and lived in Scotch Plains, NJ.




__________
Copyright 2018, Barbara Schaffer

7 comments:

  1. It's like winning the triple crown. 👑👑👑. Each quilt totally unique, but playing so well together. I didnt realize the squares were so small and the sashing was so narrow. Lovely. I loved the simplicity of all 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R/W/B quilts are my favorites, and all of yours here are beautiful! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does look like window panes. I love them all, but I think this is my favorite.
    You fussy-cut those borders beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous trio. I love them all! If you have your September mini done already, I'd better get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really terrific set of r/w/b minis - classic and crisp -

    ReplyDelete
  6. A trio of very sweet little quilts! And your fabric choices remind me of the Dear Daughter quilt project at Sentimental Stitches. Love the blues and reds together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet trio of quilts. Your NJ documentation book will always be in my top 3 for inspiration. I love to study that collection of quilts!

    ReplyDelete