Wednesday, September 26, 2018

September Mini

I don't know about you but I love making these small quilts every month. It's a fun way to get those creative juices flowing and to think outside the box :) Thank you Wendy for this fun challenge! 

Here is my September mini and how it evolved:


I've always liked this little quilt in Merikay Waldvogel's book, Childhood Treasures: Doll Quilts By and For Children. I wasn't sure I'd do the cut-out corners but I loved its simplicity.


I pulled strips from my scrap bin early this summer so when it came time to make this month's mini I knew it was time to get serious. 


 

I decided on these early florals and then chose scrap triangles in pink, brown, gold, and neutral to add to the mix.


And this is what I came up with :) The strips are 1" and the finished quilt is 17-1/2" x 15-3/4".


The back and label.  

I see Kyle has just posted her lovely September mini so be sure and stop by for a visit :) 

Enjoy your week!




__________
Copyright 2018, Barbara Schaffer


 

12 comments:

  1. How very interesting. A good way to use up some strips. I like the visual interest of the different prints and also the piecing in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely mini, and the backing fabric is gorgeous too! Hoping to have my second September mini finished by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the triangles in the center of all the beautiful strips! The backing is perfect too! It's amazing how your quilting the triangles from the front almost perfectly surrounded the little floral bouquets on the back! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. The fabric combination adds so much interest and the triangles really add a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scraps are perfect for mini and this one is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the best fabric collection. Your strippy quilt is delightful with those early florals and the two pieces rows. Sweet. I've enjoyed our monthly show and tell as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous! My favorite kind of quilt. And, yikes! I will get mine posted this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mix of fabrics in this small quilt. I love that book too. So much great inspiration. pretty backing and the all important label.
    Making little quilts is such a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, now I want to find a copy of that book! You have created a lovely version of that little quilt. The triangles add a very special touch, and you have included beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete