Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Moving Right Along . . .

The last two hexies for the Morris Hexathon are done!  All were pieced by hand, or in a few instances, by machine. I really enjoyed delving into my repro fabrics. Thanks, Barbara, for your weekly posts and for pushing my creativity!


Do you recognize the Ann Robinson shell fabric in #25 Sussex Cottage? It's an oldie from RJR and the Shelburne Museum.


In #26 Clouds I used Windham's Dargate fabrics and a blue from Barbara's Alice's Scrapbag :)


I actually made a few extras along the way. Here they all are up on my wall.


A while ago I drafted a layout based on the official set which you can see on Barbara's Pinterest page. The main difference is that my hexies are on point.  



I experimented back in June with bird and floral fabrics and will use them in the 1st, 3rd, and 5th rings and pieced hexies in the 2nd and 4th.


I couldn't wait to get the 2nd full ring of pieced hexies in place and to begin cutting the next. 



Now I have one big hexie but am undecided as to what fabrics to use in the corners. In any case I'm moving right along . . .  

Happy Quilting!




__________
Copyright 2016, Barbara Schaffer


 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabrics! This one will be stunning!

    Have a blessed day filled with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say you are moving along! What great progress! Super fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this setting with all these fabrics !
    Your quilt is going to be awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely!!! A gorgeous array of fabrics and piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful design. The fabrics really worked well in the hexies creating some fun secondary patterns. You've done a fantastic job! And I do recognize those fabric oldies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project. You have a beautiful and varied selection of fabrics. I like them on point too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you've created with your hexagons. The fabrics in your setting blocks sets the tone for your beautiful blocks. Looking forward to seeing it completed. Becky Brown

    ReplyDelete