Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Journal Quilt & A Happy Thanksgiving!

In 2000 I decided to make a Journal Quilt and recorded my daily activities to celebrate the Millennium.


I combined each entry with a coordinating piece of fabric to tell my story. 

 

One of the highlights of the year was going to Sweden and spending time with our DIL's parents on a weekend train / boat excursion in Norway. 

 
 
We held Peto meetings at my house and closed on our cabin that summer.



I added a border of "news" events for each month--national, international and local in that order. 

 

This is the back.

 

Our family tradition is to have Thanksgiving at the cabin where I cook the turkey and most of the fixings. I make my grandmother's stuffing recipe which calls for a pound of butter. It's so-o-o good!

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!




__________
Copyright 2016, Barbara Schaffer




4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous quilt! I love this idea of making a journal quilt. Thank you so much for sharing it. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I never saw a quilt like this one ! Fabulous idea Barbara !
    Happy thanksgiving with all your family !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to remember and document the start of a new millennium. It's an incredible treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is absolutely amazing! wow what a wonderful journal filled personal memories.

    ReplyDelete