Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Old World Santas

 Uh-oh! I was at the library holiday sale last week and came home with . . .


THIS QUILT!! Can you believe it?? The redwork is what really caught my eye. It is beautifully done. Not to mention the 3" stars and the machine cable quilting.


As soon as I got home I googled "old Santas" which eventually led me to the source--Old World Santas in Redwork by Marge Wooters, Indygo Junction, Inc., no date.


I was really curious to read the instructions for transferring the pattern onto fabric but all it said was to trace the design. 

The person who did the embroidery was an accomplished embroiderer. Perfection in every block.

Each Santa is outline quilted which you can see on the back.

There are 9 blocks total . . .

 

. . . set with 3" sashing and star cornerstones. 

I'll end with this one and wish you all the merriest of holidays this season!

See you on the 28th with my December mini.

 

Copyright 2022, Barbara Schaffer

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous find! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing that pattern. Each of those Santa's is a major project. Glad you rescued it and brought it to a stitch loving home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed a lot of posts through the holidays and was just reading back through yours. This really caught my eye. What a find! I'm glad it came to your house.

    ReplyDelete