Another year gone by and for me it's always fun to see what I accomplished. Here's the first six months:
1. Abe's Stars was the first quilt to be finished in 2018. The stars were extras that I made during Barbara B's 2015 Stars In A Time Warp SAL. It's machine quilted.
2. The first monthly mini in Wendy's 'no rule' challenge was off to a good start. This was an orphan block from my 2017 Gypsy Wife quilt.
3. Five Hexies had a much more 'tailored' look than what I would normally consider my style. These were orphan blocks from Barbara B's 2016 Morris Hexathon. It's hand-quilted.
4. Use 'em up! February's mini was made with leftover hsts from several projects.
5. March mini is my favorite. It's a reproduction and hand-quilted.
6. Patch Basket was #1 on my 2018 UFO list. I discovered I'm not fond of mitered corners, lol!
7. I started laying out April's mini when we had no power for 4 days during a nor'easter. The art print was a gift from Rachel and some of the conversation prints were from Natalie's collection.
8. Playmates Revisited was my oldest UFO to be crossed off the list. It's a Peto reproduction that was started by Natalie in 1996 and finished by me in April '18.
9. May's mini was a Cheri Payne design. So easy!
9. Leaves and Stars was a fun piece to make. I found a lot of inspiration in Ann Hermes' book Pennsylvania Patchwork Pillowcases and Other Small Treasures (Schiffer Publishing, 2014).
10. June's mini was accomplished by finally adding selvage borders to these UFO tumblers. Yay!
That's it for now. To be continued . . .
Copyright 2018, Barbara Schaffer