I am thrilled to have this top done. It's really big 88" x 94."
This is how it came to be . . .
It started with this quilt on the cover of HQPNJ's book NJ Quilts. (HQPNJ photo)
This is the back of that quilt and my inspiration. I always liked the way the blocks were set in strips and was hoping to find a large floral stripe that I could use but that just wasn't meant to be. (HQPNJ photo)
But I did have 2-1/2 yds of this French General bird stripe so I started with that.
I was determined to find a brown stripe for the sashing similar to that in the original quilt.
Marcus Fabrics Bathwick by Karen Styles had just what I wanted and more. The leaf stripe was from the same collection.
All in all I'm pleased with the way it turned out. To hand quilt or have it machine quilted remains the big question :)
It took me a whole week to de-clutter and clean my sewing room but well worth the effort :)
I hope you're having a great week!
Copyright 2019, Barbara Schaffer