Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Aprons, Tablecloths, Etc.

I keep all my holiday textiles folded in a drawer and take them out when I get in the "holiday spirit." This year I took photos :)


I own a few Christmas aprons from the 1960s & 1970s. 



A full apron with green and white stripes and a large "Santa's Helper" pocket. 



A half apron made of a poly/cotton blend fabric with silver cord trim at the pocket and along the lower edge. 



A fancy red nylon net apron with grosgrain ribbon waistband and ties, silver rick-rack, and a sequin-decorated felt Christmas tree. 


These bloomers/pantaloons were made from two dishcloths and finished with red crochet trim and green satin bows.


An early Arts & Crafts-style embroidered pillow cover with fringe c. 1900.



A large holiday tablecloth with poinsettias, candles, and holly.



A small red tablecloth with winter scenes in white and colorful holly and poinsettias in the corners. 

I'll post pics of my Christmas quilts soon.

I still have lots of shopping to do, how about you? 




__________
Copyright 2014, Barbara Schaffer




No comments:

Post a Comment