Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Crazy 21-24, Iris, Antique Quilt

Crazy blocks are moving right along . . . 


Block 21 was easy--I like easy :)


Block 22 went together pretty fast. I thought the pieced star might give me trouble. I like the fussy cut floral spray, don't you?


Block 23 was a success, too!


Block 24--this one was really difficult because the strips in the center section didn't line up with the squares in the top row. Everything was off by a fraction and I'm not doing it over. Sigh . . .


Here is this group of four . . .


. . . and here's 1-24. I think I'm going to set them 6 across by 9 down but that may change as I go along. 

Our iris garden is really beautiful this year and we've had some pretty visitors :)


This antique top (c. 1920s) doesn't fit its name--Garden of Eden. In my mind I envision floral fabrics and something "pretty." My kids gave it to me years ago and just the other day I pulled it out of storage to take another look. 


 

Lots of geometrics and plaids and one block with a floral print :)


The lighting is really bad here but I finally started sewing strips together. And I still rearrange blocks as I go along. So what else is new???

That's all for now . . . 


Copyright 2023 Barbara Schaffer

4 comments:

  1. I recognize lots of fabrics in your crazy blocks. They're amazing. Your antique quilt proves you can put any fabrics together ❤️ Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much depth and movement in those log cabin blocks, love thi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google published before the end of the sentence, sorry! Garden of Eden was a somber place in that quilter's eye. Do you plan to quilt it or keep it as an antique top? More smoke here this week, hope it isn't too bad there.

      Delete
  3. Look at you go on the crazy blocks!! So wonderful! Love the vintage quilt too!!

    ReplyDelete