Thursday, May 4, 2023

Crazy 13-16, Log Cabin, Rolodex

After I had sewn one of the strips together in block #13 double hearts, I discovered there was an error. Oh no! 



I had mis-marked a hst on the paper pattern as being white instead of pink . . . 

What to do? I wasn't going to cut another whole set of pieces and start over. So---I had this brilliant idea to cut the correct pink and glue it on top of the incorrect white and that's what I did. You can't even tell that it wasn't stitched in. And if that piece ever falls off in the far distant future it will be a surprise to the person who discovers it :)


The 2nd iteration of the log cabin blocks I've been making. I like this layout better than sunshine and shadows. Of course they're on top of the Deacon quilt which remains in a state of limbo.



I've made 25 blocks so far and still going strong. So much fun!


Some Rolodex cards with a book theme: Florence Peto's Historic Quilts, Alice in Wonderland, Arithmetic, and Betsy Ross and The Flag. 

And these are the backs: endpaper of Peto book, inscription presented to my gr-aunt Leila Bower in 1896, my mother's arithmetic book 1918 and one of my Landmark books with bookplate. I LOVED reading Landmark books, did you? Wish I still had my collection . . . 


Remember when I was on an apron kick a while ago? The one on top caught my eye on Ebay. I laughed when I read "I'm Betty Not Mary Lou." Must have referred to identical twins, don't you think? 


Another beautiful sunset and a pic of the river that flooded after all the rain we got. 

Looking forward to some sun in the next day or two!

 

Copyright 2023 Barbara Schaffer

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks are coming along nicely! Great fix! I doubt anyone but you will ever know. The log cabin blocks are growing by leaps and bounds! I don't think I've ever seen a log cabin I don't like. That apron is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post gave some laughs this morning. Glue applique, I love it! Having identical twin girls that apron was too too funny. Your cards....what can I say, are priceless memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Call Me Crazy blocks!
    I really do like the way you have laid out those log cabin blocks.
    More thoughtful Rolodex cards. I don't know that I know what Landmark books are. Can you enlighten me?
    The apron is funny.
    Beautiful sunset!
    We are seeing swollen and overflowing rivers around us as well. Grateful for the rain and snow, but could do without the flooding! Never satisfied, right? :)

    ReplyDelete