Thursday, December 9, 2021

This 'n That - Short

I should be focused on Christmas . . . 

. . . but guess what? Would you believe these came from the TS? Yep! That lovely large blue stripe is nagging at me. I think I need to do a blue and white quilt!

On a whim I decided to figure out the next round on this scrap quilt I started in August. Spread it out on the floor . . . 


. . . and decided to add 5" x 4.5" blocks all around. 

 

When I finally put it up I realized how many small pieces it takes to gain any ground. It's now 48" x 48" and I'm shooting for a twin-size finale. Here is some  helpful information I found on Hancock's blog regarding quilt sizes. 

I also wanted to see what these blocks looked like side by side. They are not in any particular order. Not sure I like them this way so I may sew them together with sashing and corner stones instead. I have several striped fabrics as possibilities. 


Don't you just love this concept?? Normally you'd see gondolas at the mountain but these are on the deck at the Cottage Cafe in Lake Placid. They are heated to 72 deg and can accommodate up to eight people for outdoor winter dining. Now that's creativity!

Enjoy your week! 

 

Copyright 2021 Barbara Schaffer


9 comments:

  1. You have a real treasure in that thrift shop! I wish ours had more fabrics. I do find nice wool to use in rug hooking at ours though - in the form of wool skirts and such. I love the idea of the gondolas as a dining space! I'm not into Christmas yet this year, trying music and have the tree up...nothing yet Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. The row of fabrics together is so lovely. It would motivate me to start sewing something with them. I recognize the stripe 2nd from the left, I have it in a different colorway and have used it in numerous quilts. The gondolas for winter seating is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best TS ever! Your scrappy quilt is coming along beautifully. So, if each round of blocks is a larger size than the one before, it should be growing by leaps and bounds - right!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could find fabric in our thrift shops but its very, very rare! Love your scrappy rounds. Looking so good!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my. I recognize all those wonderful TS fabrics. It makes you wonder if it's all from one quilter. Have fun with it. I first thought your scrappy quilt was much much larger. It's beautiful, and still growing. Love the gondola idea, not that I have any around here to use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh your quilt is soooo beautiful !! But.. What is TS please ?
    I am making a quilt for my son with his shirts ! I chose the same pattern as you ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I've had all those fabrics in my stash - great group of repros.
    Your super scrappy quilt is wonderful. It looks very old fashioned in a beautiful way.
    clever outdoor dining pods~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure wish I lived closer to your thrift store! Great find. I adore your scrap quilt. And, yes it is mind boggling how many scraps it takes sometimes. That gondola idea is adorable. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How about a blue and white for the AQSG quilt study?

    ReplyDelete