Saturday, August 25, 2018

August Mini aka Triple Play 1

I was actually going to wait until next week to post my mini for August but the pressure is on, haha! Wendy and Kyle have already posted their delightful quilts here and here. Don't you just love them?

My August mini was the result of leftover squares and triangles that just kept re-surfacing in my sewing room. It finally seemed like the right time to do something with them, besides, I always loved these blue fabrics. 


This is Triple Play 1. The blue/white/red floral border fabric was part of Keepsake Quilting's Americana collection that I purchased at our guild meeting in June.


Simple cross-hatch quilting.


The inner and outer borders are 1/2" and the binding is 3/8" double fold. I cut the binding strip 2-1/4" but next time around I'll cut it a little wider. 


Two nautical-themed fabrics on the back :)

Triple Play 2 is also finished but I will post that next week before we go away for the holiday weekend. Hint: More of the same leftover squares :)

Enjoy your week!




__________
Copyright 2018, Barbara Schaffer


7 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I saw the quilts of Wendy, Kyle and yours ...and I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet little summer finish, Barbara.
    Mine will have to be posted next week, because it is a swap quilt and it needs to reach its new owner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little quilt and I love how you used the red. Cute backing fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what those leftover pieces created with your imagination. I can tell you had fun seeing what you could come up with. I think we could keep going with this for months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect August mini! I love how random blocks show up and get those creative juices flowing. And, oh how I miss that fabric with the little sailors. I used it in several baby quilts. I will edit my post with your link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super darling!! Love that backing as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful mini! Your prints on the back are adorable. I think I have a tiny bit of those sailors somewhere, they look familiar - very cute!

    ReplyDelete