Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cute Needle Cases

I have a small collection of needle cases that I've either purchased, received, or made. They're kind of fun to look at every once in a while so thought I'd share them.


This cute little purse-shaped case has blanket-stitching along the edges. It was in a sewing tin that my Aunt Midge received from a friend. 


The inside is lined with flannel and filled with needles.

 
One of my favorites is this little crocheted hat with a ribbon bow. It reminds me of a sombrero.


The inside has a blanket-stitched felt piece for needles and a space in the crown for a thimble.


I think this is supposed to be a hat, don't you? It's made of red felt and embellished with a flower and leaves. The edges are pinked.


The inside is similar to the crocheted hat above with a hole for a thimble.


This little bonnet was no doubt made for "Thelma." The little tag with her name on it is held in place with a 1932 American Lung Association Christmas seal. There are silk ribbon ties. 


 The inside is unlined and has two muslin squares for needles. 


I'm quite sure I ordered a pattern for this needle case from Keepsake Quilting in the 1980s. I chose an Ely & Walker print for the outside . . .  


. . . and a solid red (looks pink here) fabric for the lining. I still use this case whenever there's a need to take some sewing along :)


This little needle case was made by my dear friend, Natalie Hart. It was a Christmas gift when we were working on our book about Florence Peto. I'm sure Natalie's inspiration was Florence's quilt, Playmates.


Note the little heart on the front and the same design on the inside for needles ~ and pins. There are two pockets for thread, scissors, templates, etc.


And, here's a University of Nebraska fabric needle case that was a favor at last year's American Quilt Study Group Seminar reminding everyone to attend this year's seminar--in Nebraska!

Make sure you visit Barb Vedder's blog, Fun With Barb. Last year she whipped up some spooky coffin needle cases. What fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment