Wednesday, June 3, 2020

*News Flash!*

Remember these two quilts??


. . . My Inking Journey made while participating in Barbara Brackman's Antebellum BOM in 2018 . . . 


. . . and Chimney Sweep with Leaves my version of a favorite quilt in the book Remember Me by Linda Otto Lipsett?


Well, the *News Flash" is that both quilts are in Barbara's new book Divided Hearts: A Civil War Friendship Quilt by C&T Publishing. Thank you, Barbara, I am truly honored! 


My blocks with inked drawings and names of my gr-gr-grandparents appear throughout the book. Here is one.
 

And there are instructions for making a Chimney Sweep quilt like mine :) 

In addition, contributors Denniele Bohannon, Becky Brown, Mark Lauer, and Patricia Styring made some awesome quilts so when you have a minute go to Amazon and take a 'look inside' this beautiful book. Be inspired!   

Enjoy your week!



__________
Copyright 2020, Barbara Schaffer

 

17 comments:

  1. How fun, I'll be looking for this book for my wish list. I have the "Remember Me" book and have used that book for my inspiration for at least one quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting!! I was really trying not to buy another book, but... I simply MUST get it now! Congratulations. Your quilts are as always, simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an honor, and well deserved I might add! Both quilts are fantastic! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--that is so cool, Barbara!! I am very happy for you. Great quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilts indeed Barbara, and "my inking journey" is truly magnificent! How exciting to be published in this book - which is now on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an honor to be featured in the book! Looks wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Barbara !! Your quilts are beautiful and this is just well deserved !!
    Enjoy !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how wonderful! what a big honor and well deserved. I'll look forward to seeing it in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just have to add this book to my list! How fabulous for you and I can see why Barbara included your work - the inking you do is so well done and how you choose fabrics with stripes and other fussy cuttings makes everything sing. Remember Me was one of the first quilt history books I ever purchased and it is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is fantastic. Your quilts are always so wonderful now they can be shared with lots of quilters. Everyone is going to love seeing your beautiful inkinga.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, so happy for you. I will be looking for that book!

    ReplyDelete