Friday, December 22, 2017

A Few of My Favorite Quilts

Several quilts at the exhibit had Prussian Blue fabrics. I just love that color! It's my all-time favorite. 


A charming 1840 Puss In the Corner crib quilt.


A detail. Wonderful Turkey Reds, too.

 

A Chimney Sweep with signatures--sort of.


An unusual way of signing a name. 


All done in the same style. No first or last names. Initials only followed by tiny cross stitches "x x x x."


Oh my! I could have stood in front of this Birds in the Air Variation forever, lol!


It would be a fun one to reproduce!


So many wonderful prints.





The binding is a stripe but not as narrow--or woven like Trenton tape. I took this picture from the staircase. Wish I had studied it more closely. 

If you'd like to see more examples of Prussian Blue there's lots on my Pinterest board.  

We arrived at the cabin yesterday. It's 11 degrees and snowing. So pretty!




__________
Copyright 2017, Barbara Schaffer




5 comments:

  1. Very nice quilt pictures! Thanks for sharing them. Those cross stitched initials are so intriguing. I've never seen anything quite like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Birds in the Air quilt had so many wonderful pieces. It would be fun to reproduce. The Prussian blue is an interesting color and mixed with interesting pattern designs. I don't know much about it's history. Enjoy the holiday in the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful quilts. I love the chimney sweep especially love those pops of blue and pink - wee! thanks for sharing these bauties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing Barbara ! All the quilts are gorgeous and the fabrics are too !!

    ReplyDelete