Wednesday, May 6, 2015

New "Potluck" Quilt and Paisley Stars

Inspiration comes from many sources and my latest quilt is no exception.


What fun! I started Potluck back in March after I saw some 16-patch blocks posted on Pinterest. Then I thought I could sew some of my large leftover triangles into strips similar to those on the back of the Baby Medallion Quilt in Quilts and Quiltmakers: Covering Connecticut (below). That idea expanded into more strips of half square triangles, four patches and bricks; and finally, 2-inch squares--all scraps, swatches, and leftovers.



This is the back of that baby quilt which was documented by The Connecticut Quilt Search Project. Quilt Index photo.


Paisley stars this week, Conversationals next week. 




Same paisley in this star as the one above (points).  



These are ALL the stars I've made since January :) 

 

This wonderful paisley print dress was on exhibit last year at Common Threads: Quilting Traditions in Hunterdon County, NJ. 

Happy Wednesday!


__________
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer



3 comments:

  1. I like the name Potluck Quilt. Just whatever gets into and it all goes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potluck looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stars are looking so good. I love those giant swirly paisleys. And your Potluck quilt is so cool! It looks old, but original.

    ReplyDelete