Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Kaffe Fassett: The Power of Pattern

Recently, I received some photographs of Kaffe Fassett's exhibit "The Power of Pattern" at the Millesgarden Gallery in Stockholm that were taken by my DIL's mom. Thank you Anitha! What a treat to see these pieces that were made by talented quilters using the brightly-colored fabrics Kaffe is known for. Check out the YouTube video here

A familiar quilt to many of us Lollipop Trees by Kim McLean.




 

What fun!

On another note . . . 

I've put my fabric book together--here's a sneak peak--but still have work to do like add something to the blank plaid pages. Will show more detailed pics when I'm finished.

 

Found a package of brown and white little clothespins at the thrift shop and thought they were perfect but I'm not convinced they'll stay :) 

More to come . . . 



Copyright 2024 Barbara Schaffer

8 comments:

  1. Wow--a whole bunch of stunning quilts!!
    Your little book is really special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! Those quilts are so fun to look at but way out of my league!

      Delete
  2. All that luscious applique! I like the 60 degree triangle one too. But your book is really special because it's unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, beautiful applique and those animals are amazing!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing these wonderful quilts. I adore your little journal. What fun! I am trying to get back to blog reading. Don't know where the time goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved sharing the pics of those quilts and my fabric book is just about done. Time seems to be flying by!

      Delete
  4. The Kaffe quilts are so brilliant. Your book, what a treasure in the making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bright colors in those quilts and have really enjoyed making my little north country fabric book.

      Delete