Wednesday, November 10, 2021

It's A Finish!

I finally finished a top I made in March. "Get It Done!" is now Done! Here's what I posted about it back then. 

I would have much preferred to hand quilt it but wanted to "get it done" so went ahead and did it by machine. 

The sunlight streaming in the bedroom showed the triple line quilting both vertical and horizontal. 

I also quilted in-the-ditch around all the sashing. 


I used a variegated red thread only because I had it :)


Another detail.


Rachel gave me the fabric I used for the back when she moved about 5 years ago. Thanks, Rachel! Look close because the black lines are the handles and spouts of various pitchers. 


I washed it in the machine, dried it on delicate for about 15 minutes and then let it finish drying on a sheet. It's 36" x 36".

Anyway, "Get It Done!" should be renamed "Got It Done!" 😊


I have this large antique wooden bowl on my dining room table that is filled with all kinds of things: pine cones, dried black walnut hulls from our NJ trees, dried lemons, hickory nuts, acorns, rag balls, sweet gum tree pods and the most recent addition--gourds. There's still room for a few more things. Maybe I'll add some apples :)


We had our first frost last week and look at the sunrise just beginning . . .
 

. . . and this is it full blown. It doesn't look real, does it? The whole mountain range was ablaze with this autumn color!

I'm participating in Janet O.'s Monthly Mini Maker Baggie Challenge as part of Wendy's Monthly Minis. I'll tell you more about it soon. I'm really looking forward to it!

That's all for now :)

 

Copyright 2021, Barbara Schaffer 

9 comments:

  1. A great little finish, Barbara. Very clever quilting.
    Without you pointing it out, I would not have realized those black lines in the backing were all handles and spouts.
    I love antique bowls. Those are great fillers. I'd be tempted to add oranges studded with cloves, just because I love the scent. But maybe that is more Christmasy, than Fall.
    Always appreciate your shots of the mountains/sky/water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish. Your stitching is just right.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful small quilt, a mini in my book! It's a perfect size for small tables or a dining table centerpiece. Your triple line stitching is so effective, simple but elegant. Snow in our weekend forecast, yours too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The triple stitching makes a great design and texture. It's always nice to get those projects finished that have lingered. Great job for Gettin' It Done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. charming little quilt. Great quilt pattern.
    Lovely lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They say done is better than perfect, but that one is pretty perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darling and I love the quilting!
    Gorgeous sunrise!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All thanks to Dr Okiti the great herbalist man, I just got cured from hpv and kidney disease. Alot of people are still suffering from this illness because of what the medical doctors say when they found out you have hpv and  kidney disease. There is a complete cure for kidney disease and hpv virus. I was cured from kidney disease and hpv virus with the natural herbal medication of Dr Okiti. If you are suffering from any disease I will advise you to contact Dr Okiti and you will be totally healed. Email; drokitiherbalhome100@gmail.com or Whatsapp ‪+1 (484) 393‑5484‬.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you need a financial help? Are you in any financial crisis or do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need funds to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a good business? Do you have a low credit score and you are finding it hard to obtain capital services from local banks and other financial institutes? Here is your chance to obtain a financial services from our company. We offer the following finance to individuals-

    *Commercial finance
    *Personal finance
    *Business finance
    *Construction finance
    *Business finance And many More:
    and many more at 3% interest rate;

    Contact Us Via Email: ronniefinancehome247@gmail.com
    Whats-App on +91 93118 56893
    Email 3: apply@ronniefinance.ltd
    http://ronniefinance.ltd/fastloan
    Dr. Mark Thomas

    ReplyDelete