Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Bed Turning I

Thanks for all your comments about doing a bed turning. There are 20 quilts under the Eagle Medallion--some large and some small. It's kind of cramped quarters to get full photos but you get the idea. Here are the first ten . . . 


Stars in a Time Warp (2016) which I pretty much ruined when I panicked at a fabric bleed and used color run remover to try and rectify it. That's the streak you see in the upper left. 


My Best Applique was started in 1994 and finished in 2017 :)


Gypsy Influence (2017) was a continuation of my Gypsy Wife quilt made with fabrics from the 60s and 70s. These were 9 individual quilts bound and sewed together potholder style. 


Early Stars (2014) made with a blotched ground chintz repro though I didn't know that's what it was called at the time. 


Tulip, Sassafras and Maple (1996). My interpretation of a block from a NJ sampler quilt documented by HQPNJ. I literally picked the maple leaf off a tree to use as a template.


Stars and Leaves (2018) was made with leftovers from Stars in a Time Warp combined with a favorite leaf pattern.


My version of a Nine-Patch Repro (2016). All it takes is one fabric to get me started on a new project and this border fabric did the trick!


Flying Geese (2004) was the first quilt I made with a 3/8" binding. All the fabrics were from my stash.


Triangles (2019) was inspired by an antique quilt I saw at the Hamilton-Schuyler House last year.


All That Madders (2016) with an 1876 Centennial repro stripe border.

To be continued . . . :) 

Have a great week! 




__________
Copyright 2019, Barbara Schaffer
 

 

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Thanks for the eye candy! And, as one who has the same storage system, I know how hard it is to peel them all back and place them once again in their perfect positions without wrinkles. I love them all, but especially the Stars and Leaves. Oh those colors!! Can't wait to see the next 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, absolutely lovely! A kindly suggestions: perhaps you could call the color bleed portion a 'ray of sunshine' as that is how it appears as it is lying/laying on the bed. Appreciate the bed turning post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautiful but I especially love the Flying Geese quilt. Love your storage system. I'll have to remember that! Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work!!! I LOVE your appliqué!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. All lovely! My favorite is Stars in a Time Warp, despite the bleed/bleach tragedy. I like the "ray of sunshine" suggestion :-)
    Question - what do you do with all the quilts when you have guests?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! My head's spinning. All these great quilts make me want to quilt ... but which do I do first? Thanks for sharing these. Looking forward to more. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to scroll through your photos multiple times to study the first ten quilts in your bed turning. What beautiful examples of your quilts through time. You've collected some great fabrics for borders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treat!! Thank you for taking the time to share. I love your use of fabrics especially the use of fabulous borders. And I recognize the chocolate/rosy pink pheasant print in your Early Stars - one of my all time favorite fabrics ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your red and green bed size applique quilt is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for showing these gorgeous quilts. I saw from a couple previous comments the same thought I had, the Stars in a Time Warp just has a permanent ray of sunshine across it. It's still a beautiful quilt despite the disappointment of having the bleed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful collection. They are all beautiful but Gypsy Influence made me really smile - just terrific. And I agree with the others about your Stars in a Time Warp quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW Barbara !! They are all awesome !
    Thank you so much for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, loving this! Thank you for sharing, can't wait for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so nice to see another quilters collection of quilts laid out for us to see and admire! A ONE WOMAN Quilt Show! LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing. I have yet to finish MY Stars in a Time wrap. Inspiration time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's never too late to finish your Stars in a Time Warp quilt :)

      Delete
  15. That was a fabulous bed turning. They are all wonderful, but I gasped when I saw your "best applique' quilt" wow!! it is a stunner Barbara
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh WOW!!! Gorgeous collection. You are very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete