#5 on my UFO list is now done. I started All That Madders last October and thought it would be a quick and easy finish.
I quilted the stars in straight lines and chevrons . . .
. . . in the ditch along the inner striped border . . .
. . . and double diamonds in the outer border. That's where I began to run into trouble. I hastily marked the diamonds thinking they fit almost perfectly just inside the printed border stripe and that I could make slight adjustments along the way if needed. I realized too late that each quilted diamond point left a little indentation which skewed the printed line. I tried to make it better by quilting along the inside of the line on both sides but that didn't solve the problem. Not a happy camper!
The 3/8" binding also gave me problems. I should have done a single binding instead of a double but I didn't. And I realize now it was a big mistake to put another stripe on the back. You can see it lined up fine on the right but not on the left. In any case the quilt looks okay from the front--just don't turn it over!
On a happier note Palmateer Point is done! I machine quilted it on the diagonal and finished it with a 1/4" binding :)
When I was cleaning out my sewing room a few weeks ago, I came across a sampler that I made 51 years ago! So after all these years I finally decided to have it framed. Michaels was having one of their custom framing specials so that's where I brought it :)
Have a great week!
Copyright 2017, Barbara Schaffer