Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Plaid Stars and A Whole Lotta Other Stuff

I'll begin with last week's Printed Plaid stars :)




I've about exhausted my supply of this blue plaid which I purchased years ago from Keepsake Quilting. I first used it in Wild Goose Chase, then Chimney Sweep, and recently in Brown & Blue Stars


I'm also using this plaid in an 8" star block for another repro quilt I'm making.


Large plaid, small plaid.


Bonnie Hunter was the guest speaker at our guild meeting Monday night. Her system for cutting and using scraps makes so much sense! I've made a couple of quilts in the past in an effort to empty my scrap basket--Transition (above) is one, the other is Fabric Diary


I was going to make an entire quilt of foundation-pieced string diamonds but I gave up on that idea real fast and turned them into a strippy.


The back.



I donated these two small quilts to our guild for the Little Wishes raffle at their upcoming show in May.  



Lastly, does anyone have this fabric they'd be willing to part with or know where I can find it? It's Windham's Wm. Penn's Vision c. 1820 #25494. I'm interested in the grape-vine border but only have enough for 3 sides . . . Thanks for any help you can provide :)


I purchased this little hooked rug at an estate sale. Isn't it cute? It makes me smile :-)



__________
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer



5 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful stuff here, Barbara. Your scrappy/strippy quilt is very cool, and I love your doll quilts. And btw you have some very interesting plaids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good collection of printed plaids you have! Bonnie has been a great inspiration for scrap quilting - I love your strippy!
    What sweet little wishes. Wish I could try for them.
    Do you want me to post about your fabric search?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will look tomorrow and see what I have and if it is the same colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stars and the quilts! I do have this fabric, but only have the alternate stripe left as I used the "grapes" on another quilt. If that will help at all let me know.

    ReplyDelete