Gay started in the upper left corner . . .
. . . and I started with block #2. I'm using Moda Bella Solid Off White for the background. That tan/beige is an oldie from the Oakland Museum.
Then I made this red/green Chimney Sweep.
And onto block #4. So far so good!
I left the challenging #1 block for last. Chose my fabrics, appliqued the white arcs and hand-pieced the rest. I took a chance making this block even though my printed 1" guideline that Gay provided to gauge the size of the finished block was a hair shy of 1", I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. I learned my lesson! The block finished at 8-3/4" instead of 9".
So this month I will have a chance to make another because the next set has the same block in a different color combination. I'll get it right the second time around, lol!
Enjoy your week!
Copyright 2019, Barbara Schaffer