Wednesday, August 16, 2017

This 'n That

Wow, I missed blogging last week and I don't even have a good excuse. There's really not much going on just a bunch of "this 'n that."


Recently we visited our friend in northwest New Jersey and on our way I took a photo of the barn quilt that I missed last year! 


We spent a day with him at the lake where my grandparents' used to live. It always feels like home when we're there. 


My 16-year old Subaru finally konked out at 141,300 miles. I was really hoping it would make it to 150K but here it is being towed away. I donated it to Disabled American Veterans. 


I also went through my vintage clothing and donated some to The Shakespeare Theater of NJ. I've really narrowed my collection to keeping only those items belonging to family and friends :) 

 
The rest of my stuff I hope to sell at a vintage clothing auction in the fall. I've been debating about these shoes but I think it's time. The high tops on the left are actually Keds!


Lately I've been on some early morning (5:30 a.m.) walks when the moon is still out. I love that time of day :)


Isn't this animal "toile" the cutest?? I may use it as the backing on one of my UFOs. 


And talking about UFOs . . . I haven't been spending much time in my sewing room but managed to put a couple of things up on my wall. I made the decision to use only 4 out of the 5 Philadelphia Pavement blocks that I made years ago. I played around with 2" squares for the sashing but I don't like the way they look! So back to square one. The small pieces on the right are leftover patriotic fabrics / blocks. I still need an inner border and one more corner block but the going is S-L-O-W. . . 

I hope you're enjoying your summer!




__________
Copyright 2017, Barbara Schaffer





4 comments:

  1. No doubt you spent lovely holidays with your family but I'm so sorry for your car...
    Will you swap with Barb ? I will...of course :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to visit a place that brings back the feeling of home. I bet the theater was happy to get your vintage clothing additions to their costume department. It's hard to part with parts of our collections. The animal toile is adorable. It will make a fantastic backing. Have fun car shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place!Funny I live only 15 miles from the town I grew up in, but I still feel like I am home when I visit my grandmother's old place. I love your Philadelphia Pavement blocks and setting. I love that border print and it is perfect for it. Can you tell me the maker of that animal toile? It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have an amazing collection of family articles. It must be bitter sweet to let them go.
    sorry to hear about your car. I am hoping to reach 150 on my 2007 lexus hybrid.
    Your UFOs are looking great.
    Wee - love that animal print.

    ReplyDelete