Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Pillowcases, Serpentines and . . .

I dropped off 4 quilts for the GSQ show this weekend and it's all about the pillowcases! Each quilt needed its own pillowcase with a label and I must admit the ones I'd been using for years looked pretty sad. Then I had an aha moment and remembered some I made sitting on a shelf with my quilts. 


The ones I brought to quilt take-in were so admired that I thought you might like to see them, too.  


It's a fun way to use pre-printed panels.



That little white folded triangle on the right has the name of the matching quilt but I covered it with a label for the quilt I was entering in the show.



I'd make them a little larger if there's ever a second time around :)








Serpentine stars from last week's quiltalong. 

 


 


This week it's Excentric Prints. Hmmm . . .



Trilliums were blooming in the North Country this past weekend.


And Lady Slippers were just beginning.

 

My daughter and I always check out the Great Blue Heron nests. Here's one with mama sitting on her eggs. She was hunkered down and so still!  

 

A cropped version. 


We went for another great hike. The perfect ending to a wonderful weekend!




__________
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer



1 comment:

  1. Those pillow cases are so pretty! wow. Your stars looks great. I am playing catch up today.
    loved seeing your feather and fauna photos.

    ReplyDelete