Wednesday, December 19, 2018

December Little Quilt and Poinsettias

I know I'm a little early posting my December Little Quilt but the next two weeks will be rather busy :)


Early one morning (very early!) I started making this little quilt. Lo and behold! After it was done I noticed the red strip on the right was a good 1/4" narrower than the others. How did this happen?? I have no idea, lol!


In any case, I've always loved this St. Nicholas toile.


The back. Even my label looks skewed :)

Thanks, Wendy! I've really enjoyed this monthly little quilt journey and hope to continue in the new year. Maybe you'll consider joining in on the fun, too? It's a great way to try a new technique or to dig into your scrap bins and be creative.

Want to see some glorious colors???


My husband and I went to see all the poinsettias in the greenhouses located in the Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge in Chatham, NJ. There were so many different varieties . . .


. . . each one more beautiful than the next . . .


 . . . in rows and rows of breathtaking displays!



We bought one with speckles of white. It's so pretty!

Wishing you all a beautiful holiday season. See you next year unless I pop in between now and then :)




__________
Copyright 2018, Barbara Schaffer


 

8 comments:

  1. Poinsettias are soo beautiful !
    I love your mini with the Santa toile Barbara !! Very good choice of fabric !
    I wish you a Merry Chritsmas with your family !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely perfect! I love the Santa fabric! I had to look twice to figure out what you were talking about on the red, so I guess it is not noticeable! I hope to finish my mini this weekend and get it posted. Maybe next year we will skip December - what was I thinking?? Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the Santa toile!
    Funny how one border ended up different, but I doubt the rest of us would have noticed if you hadn't told us. :)
    Wow, what a beautiful poinsettia feast. I love seeing all the variations they can come up with, but when it comes to what I take home with me, I think the red or the red with white speckles (like you chose) are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous Santa toilet. Your early morning inspiration turned out festively vintage. I always love a striped binding as well. I really didnt see the border differences, but when I do those things I just roll my eyes and scratch my head in disbelief. PS you can't even tell. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The flowers are gorgeous!!
    Love your little quilt and that Santa toile is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful rows of blooms! - Isn’t it incredible how the greenhouse growers can have everything ready at just the right time. Sweet little toile Santa. Wishing you and yours a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little mini! Mis-cut strip? No problem. Makes it a bit "humble" ...right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my what amazing poinsettias! I love the different colors.
    your little quit is sweet and perfect for december!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family
    xo

    ReplyDelete