I started making these blocks last year so it feels really good to have the top done.
I made a total of nine blocks with various backgrounds but placement was dictated by which basket corners lined up with the ones in the neighboring blocks. If one was a little off it got moved to the outer edge. The finished blocks are 12-3/4" square.
I had purchased 5 yards of this fabric when our local quilt shop went out of business last year. A bargain at $3/yd!
Lucky for me it worked out nicely for the border. There were 4 large floral stripes per width with enough blue in between to cut them apart evenly.
I left the tiny stripe on for the inner border and mitered the corners. Not sure where I'll trim the outer edge to when it's time to do the binding but it is done for now and will be added to the quilting queue :)
Remembering Natalie (1940-2001) on March 27th
Natalie had quite a collection of morning glory fabrics hoping to someday make this quilt . . .
. . . but in 2002 Rachel, Rita and I made two small quilts for her daughters in memory of our dear friend :)
Check back with me on Friday when I'll be posting my Year of the Rooster challenge quilt and linking up with Lori at Humble Quilts.
Copyright 2017, Barbara Schaffer