So I washed the quilt at the cabin and laid it on the floor to dry. But it was taking too long and we were expecting company so I put it in the dryer on the lowest delicate cycle for 7 minutes at a time until it was dry. I used Quilters Dream Request batting.
The color catchers did their job!
I named the quilt New Beginnings and was anxious to take some pics as my husband gave me a new camera for Christmas :)
A close-up of the center.
A detail of the inner border with pinwheel corner block.
The center is quilted in an orange peel design . . .
. . . the inner border in cross-hatch . . .
. . . and the grapevine border in diamonds.
I fussy cut the binding.
The fabrics I put on the back.
Thank you for visiting my blog this year and leaving such wonderful comments. Wishing you all a Happy New Year!
Copyright 2016, Barbara Schaffer