It's been a good week. I finished Natalie's Tulip, Oak Leaf block and Neat Stripes stars.
I started this small piece back in March and then set it aside. A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to finish it. I did outline quilting around the tulip and broderie perse, cross hatch in the nine patches, and zig-zags in the border squares. I'm very pleased with the result. It's SO Natalie :) (Oops! Sorry for the shadow in the lower left.)
I finished the 2nd block in the NJ Sampler that I'm hoping to reproduce. It would have been much more interesting if I had used a red print but I'm trying to keep to the original where a solid red was combined with a small-print green.
The block in the middle is next. I especially like the ones with "natural-looking" leaves. Reverse applique may be the way to go with those dots/circles.
Last week's Neat Stripes.
This one is "so not balanced." The stripes on the right should match the ones on the left, lol!
I used a piece from Moda's French General line for the background.
I am most comfortable using the older fabrics in my stash.
Don't know why I have such a hard time putting stripes horizontally, but I do!
Have a great day--and a great week!
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer