Thursday, June 25, 2015

Blotch-Ground Chintz Stars & This 'n That

This week it's a little of this and a little of that :)

 
Blotch-Ground Chintz Stars from last week.


The same fabric I used in my Early Stars quilt. 


A green version of another fabric I used in Early Stars though I like the other colorway better.


The center and corners are the blotch-ground chintz but maybe that brown/cream print can also be considered one.


One of my favorites from the Oakland Museum collection. 


I enjoyed a hike with my daughter this past weekend. My grand-dog cooled off in nearly every stream along the way.  


Couldn't pass up taking a photo of this Tree Fungus. 


Back home where my African Violets are blooming :)



They do really well in this southeastern exposure just off the kitchen.  


This one is getting leggy and hangs over the edge of the pot but still produces beautiful flowers. 


I bought this unfinished Bowtie at a flea market a couple of months ago. I paid $2.00 for it and a whole lot of other sewing stuff. The blocks are hand-pieced and nicely done. The two rows on the right still need to be sewed together so I may just do that!



__________
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer
 




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful bowtie find and I love your stars - a few favourite fabrics in there and what a nice way to showcase them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time will all the different Chintz stars. I've had to really dig down in the stash to come up with examples, which might loosely fit the criteria. Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love your BB stars !! The chintzes are perfect !!
    The bowties are lovely too and it's a real bargain !!
    Your flowers are cute.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your display of african violets - especially in those sweet white pots!
    your chintz stars are great, love that red one!
    what a great find on the bow tie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the star with the red background!! I have learned so much reading each blog post!! Your African violets are beautiful. Very nicely displayed.

    ReplyDelete