This is the first block I wanted to reproduce. It's the 4th one down on the left and I already had a head start.
My first attempt was back in 1996 when I made this small piece, Tulip, Sassafras and Maple. I put the block on point and added berries and tulip leaves.
This is the one I just completed. The block is 14" x 14." To mark the applique lines on darker fabrics I use a black .01 Pigma Pen making sure to turn under the allowance so the lines are totally hidden.
And this is the one I'm working on now. Even washed that red--again, lol! There are several Oak Leaf and Reel blocks in the original quilt but I chose this one because . . . in the latest issue of Primitive Quilts there is a pattern for this block. I enlarged it 110 percent. How perfect!
Last week's stars were Woven Plaids.
Center . . .
Points . . .
Background . . .
And paisley on plaid. Funny, this week's stars feature paisleys so you'll see more next week :-)
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer