Wednesday, January 16, 2019

It's A Finish! and DD blocks

The first finish for 2019 is Triangles.


I started this small piece back in August. You can read about it here. It's 32" x 32". 


For lack of a better title I named it Triangles :) The color is a little off in this pic.

 

I quilted straight lines in the large triangles, in the ditch with little triangles in the centers of the small ones, and cross-hatch in the border.  


The back and label :) Had to do the label twice. I totally missed 2018 and wrote 2017. What was I thinking ???

 

I continue to make Dear Daughter blocks offered by Gaye at Sentimental Stitches. The original of this one was made by Prudence A. Blackford, Piscataway, NJ, 1852. I must say appliqueing those small pieces was a bit of a challenge! The finished blocks will be 8". 
 
 

The original of this one was signed by 4 Dunn ladies in Piscataway, NJ, 1852. I added the red dot. I'm using a small collection of green fabrics with touches of solid red. I have three more blocks to applique for a total of 16. 

Enjoy your week!



 
 __________
Copyright 2019, Barbara Schaffer

 

4 comments:

  1. Love the low contrast of your color palette for "Triangles". It's a sweet finish. Your applique blocks are great. I think I have some of the second green. One of the Smithsonian prints?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Triangles" is very pretty! Triangles always intrigue me for some reason; I think it goes back to my high school geometry class! Your applique blocks are very pretty too. "Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet finish. I love that size it is so versatile to use on a table or hang. Pretty quilting. In the winter I often have to take my photos outside to get it right.
    Love seeing your applique' blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I adore this triangle quilt. I love everything about it. You didn't mention that it was your mini quilt for January, but at 32" it certainly qualifies. I'll be posting the minis at the end of the month and will link this one in unless I see something smaller come across my screen (wink). Love the Dear Daughter blocks as well. Why are there so many applique projects tempting me??

    ReplyDelete