Wednesday, June 21, 2017

It's A Finish! Catching Up! Plus!

I finished The Gypsy Influence, made a little progress on other projects, and took more pics of the deer and flowers in our backyard.


Remember when I made these small quilts after I finished Gypsy Wife? Well, I finally sewed them together using Wendy's potholder method. I've so admired her quilts that I thought I'd give it a try.

  
Each mini-quilt is quilted and bound . . .  


. . . then whip-stitched together. I love the result. Thanks, Wendy, for sharing your tips! Make sure you hop on over to her blog The Constant Quilter to see what she's been up to.    


The label. Ta-da!


I recently published my 2014 blog book via Blog2Print. I'm working backwards so have now completed three.


I'm always pleased with the quality of the color printing.   


This binding winder gadget definitely comes in handy! I'm getting closer and closer to that final step on my Flags quilt :)

_____
Here's what's blooming in our yard: 


Feverfew reseeds itself every year so there's lots of it in and around the garden. It smells so good.



Tiger Lilies make a big splash of color at the end of the driveway :)


A late-blooming Rhododendron.
_____



The deer were back the other day. Mama started pawing at the ground when she saw me. The little fawn is getting big. So cute! 


And the other day my son-in-law sent this picture of the snapping turtle in our yard at the cabin. Every year it returns to the exact same spot where she digs a nest and lays her eggs. Unfortunately, we've never seen any hatchlings. Maybe this will be the year! 

Have a great week!




__________
Copyright 2017, Barbara Schaffer 



5 comments:

  1. Jinx on the blog book. How funny. I think I have 6 books now and i do feel a sense of pride having them on my self.
    That turtle is awesome! I hope you hatchlings this year.
    Your potholder quilt is awesome. I LOVE that Raggedy Ann fabric. So so cute! The Lancaster blue on the front gives it so much sparkle. Yay
    Beautiful blooms. NJ is such a pretty state in early summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic! I love those happy blocks and they are perfect for the potholder method. Great job! So happy to hear you printed out your Blog years. It makes such a quick reference to see what you accomplished through the year. Barb V. told me about Blog to Print and I am so happy I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for this beautiful finish Barbara ! Every potholder is very cute and thanks to Wendy, we know how to do them !
    Your turtle is pretty ! I love them...and your flowers are beautiful ! So nice to see them in the garden !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each of those littke quilts are sweet alone but put together their a wonderful finish! Both you and Barb have been busy documenting your blogs. The books look very professional. Glad to see the deer back. Hope they don't munch too much on your lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt and good for you for trying the potholder method!! It looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete