Seems like we had nearly a week of bad weather until late in the afternoon on Mother's Day when the sun finally came out. No complaints, though. I got a lot of sewing done!
I made a label for my stars quilt . . .
. . . and then literally put the quilt to bed :)
A while ago I had made some 4-patch strips after seeing a little quilt on Pinterest. They sat for the longest time until I decided to put them together last week. Funny how I never noticed the way that last block on the lower right disappeared into the background. So . . .
. . . I made another with better contrast and appliqued it over the first. Now, that looks much better!
I cut out the bottom layer to eliminate the bulk . . .
. . . and layered the quilt using Hobbs fusible batting. I marked the quilting lines with a stencil and was happy to discover half-diamonds fit perfectly in the border without having to make any adjustments. Yay!
Here it is all finished :) It measures 18"L x 19-1/2"W.
So now it's time to start quilting again and this quilt was next in line. I'm doing an orange peel design in the center section, not sure yet about the inner border, and cross-hatch in the wide outer border. I'm hoping to get started tonight :)
Copyright 2016, Barbara Schaffer