Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Summer Scraps and Toile Stars

Summer Scraps top is done! So are Toile Stars :)


I hardly had any light / neutral scraps left to keep on going so decided to finish up Summer Scraps. It's 46" x 46".



I just about emptied one drawer of scraps.  



I tried several fabrics for the edge triangles but these swirly fabrics in brown and pink seemed to work the best.


Here are my Toile Stars from last week--they're all in shades of pink and red :)







The last of Natalie's George Washington Toile. 


I couldn't resist sneaking in this "toile de noel" by Alexander Henry, 1997. Love it!


More scraps. The pieces are 2" and fit so nicely together. I'm using the Easy Dresden ruler which I purchased on Bonnie Hunter's website.    

Happy Sewing!




__________
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer






4 comments:

  1. It's unbelievable that you emptied a drawer of scraps. How often does that happen. The brown and pink alternating square fabric is one of my all time faves. Your toiles are great. I still have to dig for a sample or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barb !
    Your quilt srap is gorgeous !! You've really done an amazing work !
    And your BB stars are so pretty ! I love the one with the Santa Claus ! Very original !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great top!
    Love your toile' stars. I thought about my Christmas toile too. What are you doing with all your stars? one quilt? many?
    cute tumblers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your toile stars are fab, and congrats on a beautiful scrappy finish!

    ReplyDelete