Wednesday, August 5, 2015

HannahBella and Lapis Blue Stars

It's another small finish :)

 
I made this little piece last year thinking I'd practice my machine quilting but ended up hand quilting it instead :)


Simple cable in the border and straight line quilting in the blocks.


The fabric on the back is . . . 


. . . Hannah Bella by Robyn Pandolph for SSI. There was no doubt I had to name my quilt HannahBella because those are the names of my granddaughters. How perfect is that??


My Lapis Blue stars from last week.


A favorite. Material Pleasures by Terry Clothier Thompson / Barbara Brackman :)



I already used these two fabrics for the Blotch-Ground Chintz Stars.


By Karen Jarrar for Marcus Brothers. 


I'm making good progress with my scraps. The game I'm playing is that I'll keep going until I run out of lights / neutrals which may be sooner than I think or when I don't have any more fabric for the alternate blocks, whichever comes first!

Good news! The book Red and White Quilts: Infinite Variety is due out in September. I just pre-ordered my copy on Amazon :) 

Have a great day!




__________
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer





 

5 comments:

  1. Very cute doll quilt, and I love your scrap quilt! I hope I can find some lapis blue~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good finish Barbara !! Lovely quilt !
    I love your stars as usual ! I have to find a lapis blue but I realized that I had already made one star with this blue....
    You progress very well in your scrap and I love it !
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your small finish is so sweet (and there's nothing prettier than hand quilting!) and you've got some great lapis blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet little quilt and what perfect fabric named for your GDs
    Love your blue stars. You're making great progress on your scrap project!
    I can't wait for the R&W book. I may get it for myself for christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful fabrics in your small quilt. Hand quilting is always so perfect for the repro minis. Thanks for the heads up on the R&W book. It will be a must. Great fabrics for your stars.

    ReplyDelete